Part of what makes a great chef is the ability to adapt, cook, and to taste. A great chef will use all their food knowledge, food memories, and senses to work with each ingredient and apply themselves to the dish they are creating.
I don’t have sophisticated tastes. I have average tastes. If you looked in my collection of DVDs, you’d see ‘Jaws’ and ‘Star Wars.’ In the book library, you’d see John Grisham and Sidney Sheldon. And if you look in my fridge, it’s, like, children’s food – chips, milkshakes, yogurt.
I do remember how it was to be poor. I do remember that in my early years, we had to grow and raise all of our food, even our animals. And I remember in my early life, we didn’t even have electricity. So it was very, very hard times then.
I can pick good food, but I can’t pick a good man.
Something I learned when I was very young: with cooking, it doesn’t matter where you are; you can always cook. You can end up in small village in Peru where somebody’s cooking, take a spoon and taste it, and you might not be too sure what you’re eating, but you can taste the soul in the food. That’s what is beautiful with food.
When I venture out to eat, I like to go to places with food that I don’t know how to make. So my favorites are Japanese and Indian. Indian food has so much layering of flavor, and the dishes go together so harmoniously.
- For those who didn’t understand the title in English. It should be “This plant is called ‘poor man’s sparrow nest’, we call it soap bean, we cook it like rice”. Sparrows’ nests are an expensive delicacy in Chinese cuisine. Soap bean’s outer shell has a similar consistency with sparrows’ nests, so it’s eaten in the way a sparrow’s nests. That’s why it’s called ‘poor man’s sparrow nest’.
- 1:27 i remember my childhood memories eating this ?
- We have this tree in our home but i never know we could eat it. I thought it was just some wild tree and inedible. Now m also gonna try ur recipe
- எங்கள் நாட்டில் இம்மாதிரி மரம் உள்ளதா என்று கூட தெரியாது நன்றி வாழ்க வளமுடன் மா
- I just want to say I love these videos. I don’t understand a word of Chinese but they’re amazing!
- 당신의 음식은 정갈하며 사랑이 있습니다. 항상 보면서 따뜻한 정을 느낍니다.
- Until now i didn’t know the name
These are lots in my village ?
- Wow, I thought that I have known a lot by my age and education, however, this beauty is really an encyclopedia. I’m kinda like a lost boy in front of her videos.
Whenever there are three men walking together, one of them is bound to be wise enough to act as the others’ teacher.
- When I was little this is what we use in playing cooking with my gang ( i was 8-12 yrs old)
- I love the cozy atmosphere in her family
- We have the same food habit and kitchen items used here is exactly the same like ours. I just love your videos ??? Best wishes from North East India
- It’s so lovely to see family coming together and each one has it’s share to do. But,still find time to help each other.
- тоже ищешь русский коментарий?
- I love to watch your videos. I like yours charm and simple life. Your food preparation is marvelous. No words to say. ??
- This is called tree bean and its one of the favourite food of manipur its very tasty but the way of eating is different…..but i believe that this will also taste good….☺☺
- I love to see how the daily life goes on, and the beautiful scenery, the village, i love the sound while she’s cooking and then the whole family gathered to eat, looovee village daily life , thank you for making these videos ??
- 쟁반? 무늬 넘 예뻐요 음식도 넘 새롭고 그릇색감도 예쁘고 넘 좋네요
- Remind me of my hometown. I love it very much
- in malaysia we call this “petai” . love from malaysia ??
- Delícia, parabéns beijos
- For a moment I just have a thought those plant is “petai”. Look similar but not the same one.
Love from Malaysia.
- 我喜欢那个晒皂角干的蓬蓬，好聪明的发明。love and subscribed from Miami Florida ?
- ??Brasil. Quantas diversas plantas temos no mundo que são comestível!obrigado por mostrar uma delas.
- 까고 또 까고 또 까고..
- that ancient tree at the beginning looks magnificent
- Жаль,что нет русских субтитров.Очень интересные ролики,красочные и профессионально снятые.Еще бы понимать из каких растений и что именно, готовит эта милая красавица:-):-):-)
- I like that from indonesia
- OMG!! Those trees are SO previous! Especially the biggest one! It reminds me of the one in Avatar! ?????
- 볼때마다 너무 행복해져요^^감사합니다♡
- 멋진 곳에서 살고 계시네요! 부러워요
- không ngờ quả này cũng ăn được nữa
- 한국어가 추가 되서 너무 좋네요ㅠㅠ영상 보기 더 수월해졌어요!!!!
- Recommended by YouTube???….
I love your vedios…the place is very beautiful and relaxing…i wish to live in the place like that.
- Love from Tamil nadu, India ?
- watching your video is like meditation,thank you for sharing.from germany.
- Ieu mh peuteuy selong mun ceuk sunda nmh?
- Ada yg dr Indonesia nggak ya?
- Your house and villages remembering me of my grandma villages… several years ago before she died because of aging and become old
- 아주 요리를 잘 하네요.
- You are a food factory. You know everything.
Lucky are those living with you.
- I love to watching your video so much ❤️ I’m from Thailand.
- Wow ? Saponin meters looks delicious. i haven’t tried it though. ?
- When I hit the California jackpot lottery, I’m going to marry her
- THANK YOU for the subtitles ❤
- That’s one amazing tree!!
- i love your videos, they are so genuine and relaxing… ♥️
- wooooow i love that… it’s a PETAI.. i’ved tasted that when i was in malaysia
- Love it the way u leaving??
- That’s a lot of work oh my god ?
- This amazing??
- Just so lovely, many thnks!
- The long wait is over! Love watching your unique way of cooking ???
- OH MY GOD….. HOW PEACEFUL LIFE….. JUST LOVING IT
- I love her videos,she is so pretty and Smart,that inspires my life.
- I love your videos, it makes me feel relaxed.
- 세상에…한글 자막이 보이네요ㅠㅜㅠㅜㅜㅠ 항상 나오는 음식들을 만들때 어떤 재료를 쓰는걸까 궁금했는데 이렇게 자막으로 보니 이해도 잘되고 너무 좋네요ㅠㅜㅜㅠㅠㅜ 영상 항상 잘보고 있어요!, 시골의 분위기도 너무 좋고 도시에서 사는제게 힐링이 되어주는 영샹인거 같아요ㅠㅜㅠㅜㅠㅜ 정말 영상 최고 입니다!! 항상 신기하고 맛있는 요리 올려주셔서 감사해요!!????
- 觀看您的影片 總是能發現更多沒見過的食材 看到孩子們在那棵大樹上跑讓我都想搬去了
- 4:09 – 4:12 look at her face expression. so cute 😀
- We as Malaysian called it “petai”
- In Malaysia we called this ‘Petai’..so delicious!
eaten with rice .. can be used as vegetable and cooked with chilli beans
- I loooooove she from Korea!!!
- OMG, love her ???
- Your so beautiful , from Philippines ❤️
- I ENJOYED WATCHING YOUR VIDEOS ALMOST ALL THE TIME, YOU INSPIRED MY EVERYDAY COOKING THOUGH I CAN’T UNDERSTAND YOUR LANGUAGE JUST THRU YOUR MOTION, HOW I WISH YOU CONTINUE MAKING VIDEOS, THANKS A LOT,
- Love of my heart
- In Philippines we called these „Patani“
- OMG that tree 0:16 <3
- That seeds in indonesia called mlanding ??
- Whenever I see your video I wished I can understand Chinese. Great video.??????
- another one amazing video! you always remind us how unhappy is our life living in noisy places feeling anxiety and having many problems just because we’re far away from nature. we’ve lost the real meaning of our life. don’t stop beatify our days.many greetings from Greece
- Everything is food. Clever woman
- is it sticky beans? its so good when eaten raw tho.
- Wow the setting is so magical
- Add subtitles also?
- Loved her videos eversince.. it is shor filmed and i love it
- Love these videos I don’t if I could ever eat these,foods but I low watching you cook them how you use every thing I love it ..im American and I wish I lived this life,seem so simple
- In Mexico we call them “GUAJES”
- I used to eat this before when i was young
- I am going crazy watching your videos.. I don’t sleep, I start my day with them… this is nuts.hehe! But, thank you for the peace they bring me at night and for the smile they put on my face for the day. tks Dianxi
- 00:18The tree is sooooo big!!
- THAT IS PETAI!!! OMG I LOVE PETAI SO MUCH!
- It’s great that it has subtitles
- Awesome video, I recommend getting a better video camera! for that clarity ~~
- يفيدوه مشتاقتلج دانتظر فيدواتج ع نار
I Love yuo ????????
- I never thought that this kind of plant/seed can be eating.. wow!!..
Each day of the Obama presidency seems to bring a new, perversely delicious irony.
Food Background Wallpaper – Steak Wallpaper
Summertime in Montana, I become a monosyllabic baboon. I want to ride with the cowboys, go to brandings, doctor cattle, and train my horses. But in a few months, the snow starts to fly. The days become shorter; the yellow color of interior light becomes delicious. I look at my shelves, and every book just glows, and I want to be inside of that.
We’re lying ourselves into believing things are untrue, like organic food will solve all our problems, or vitamins will make us healthy, or we don’t need to vaccinate our children.
Cartoon Ice Cream Wallpaper – Fruit Wallpaper Iphone
Peruvian food is so simple yet amazingly flavored with their traditional spices.
I come from a family where gravy is considered a beverage.
Cheese Background Image – Not Delicious
I grew up playing music and enjoying good food, friends and family in my own backyard.
Food not only connects us at the idyllic dinner table setting with family and friends: it is also part of our mundane, daily transit to and from work.
Kiwi Fruit Wallpaper – Background Study Of Banana
Women oftentimes are the ones making those economic decisions, sitting around the kitchen table and trying to figure out how to pay for rising gas prices or food prices or the health insurance costs. And I think that they see where they expect their leaders in Congress to also make those tough decisions.
A woman should never be seen eating or drinking, unless it be lobster salad and Champagne, the only true feminine and becoming viands.